To create and implement cost-effective, regulatory-compliant training programs
World Class Training and Development (WCTD) is a full service training program development company. WCTD specializes in the creation and implementation of training programs for operations and maintenance personnel that meet and exceed regulatory standards. WCTD utilizes the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) method to create training programs and products.
WCTD was incorporated in 2004. The founder and President, Bobby “Bucky” Elkins, has created and managed training programs for maintenance, operation, and safety in a variety of industries, including the electric utility industry (both nuclear and fossil fuel generation). Bucky has 12 years of experience with regulatory training program management and has designed and implemented more than 20 new training programs.
Partial client list:
- Southern California Edison
- The Walt Disney Company
- FirstEnergy Corporation
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Outdoor Amusement Business Association
- Pacific Gas & Electric
Other qualifications include:
- Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) certified instructor
- Department of Defense (DOD) Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance
- American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) National and Local Chapter Member
- American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) F24 Amusement Rides and Devices Committee Voting Member
- Outdoor Amusement Business Association (OABA)
WCTD can evaluate your existing training program against current regulatory and industry-specific requirements. All WCTD training programs are developed to meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
WCTD has extensive experience in creating training programs that meet or exceed local, state, and federal regulations. Regulatory experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO)
- Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Fed OSHA)
- California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal-OSHA)
- State enforcement of Amusement Park Regulations (ASTM F24 Amusement Rides and Devices)
WCTD identifies and incorporates regulatory training requirements into training program development. This, along with record keeping, has proven to be an effective means of demonstrating compliance.